HiSAVE Fixed Deposits
Frequently Asked Questions - HiSAVE Fixed Deposits
What is HiSAVE Fixed Deposits?
A HiSAVE Fixed Deposit is an online fixed deposit account with ICICI Bank – Singapore. Your money earns a high interest rate and is fixed for a term.
What are the eligibility criteria for HiSAVE ?
To be eligible for a HiSAVE Account, you must be at least 21 years of age and residing in Singapore. Applicant should have an existing current or a savings account with any local or Qualified Full Bank in Singapore. When applying in joint capacity please ensure that the linked account is also held by the same joint account holders.
What are the interest rates for HiSAVE Singapore? How is the interest calculated and credited in my account?
Click here to know the current applicable interest rates for HiSAVE Fixed Deposits
Is my money safe with HiSAVE ?
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured. For further information, please visit: www.sdic.org.sg
Will there be any charge levied in case a deposit is closed prematurely?
Yes, in case of premature withdrawal subject to protection of the principal amount, the amount repayable to the customer will be calculated as follows.
- If deposit is withdrawn within 30 days of opening of deposit, no interest would be payable.
- Where deposit is held for a period greater than 30 days.
- In case the deposit sought to be withdrawn is held for a period equivalent to a tenure for which deposits are offered by Singapore Branch, the interest on the deposit will be calculated at the rate applicable for deposits of such tenure (as existing at the time of opening of the deposit sought to be broken), less the premature withdrawal fee of 1% flat on the principal and interest, subject to protection of the principal.
- In case the deposit sought to be withdrawn is held for a period that falls between two tenures for which deposits are offered by the Singapore Branch, the interest on the deposit would be calculated at the rate applicable for deposits of the shorter of the two tenures tenure (as existing at the time of opening of the deposit sought to be broken), less the premature withdrawal fee of 1% flat on the principal and interest, subject to protection of the principal.
- In case where the interest has been paid out, the penalty is adjusted against any payment due to the customer. This would mean that even in cases where principal is protected, the amount returned could be less than the principal to the extent of interest already paid out to the customer.
In case a fixed deposit is withdrawn prematurely, do note that the Bank may not pay all the interest accrued from the time of opening the fixed deposit up to the time of its premature withdrawal. Additionally, there is also a premature withdrawal fee of 1% flat, payable on the principal amount and interest (on the amount considered by the Bank to be payable as interest), subject to protection of only the principal amount and not the interest accrued. Please visit our branches and check with our branch staff for more details and consider carefully before performing a premature withdrawal of your fixed deposit
A person wishes to close his 2 year fixed deposit prematurely.
Scenario A. Where closure is within 30 days of opening the deposit, no interest would be payable.
Scenario B. Where deposit is held for a period greater than 30 days.
|If deposit sought to be withdrawn is held for period for which deposits are offered by Singapore Branch (3, 6, 12, 18, 24 months and so on)||If deposit sought to be withdrawn is held for a period that falls between two tenures for which deposits are offered by the Singapore Branch||If interest has been paid out|
|Interest calculated at the rate applicable for deposits of such tenure (as existing at the time of opening of the deposit sought to be withdrawn), less the premature withdrawal fee of 1% flat on the principal and on the interest, subject to protection of only the principal||Interest calculated at rate applicable for deposits of the shorter of the two tenures (as existing at the time of opening of the deposit sought to be withdrawn), less the premature withdrawal fee of 1% flat on the principal and on the interest, subject to protection of only the principal||The premium is adjusted against any payment due to the customer, this would mean that even in cases where principal is protected, the amount returned could be less than the principal to the extent of interest already paid out to the customer.|
|So, in this example, if he is closing prematurely in exactly one year, since Singapore branch offers one year deposits, customer will get the rate which a one year deposit offers (when he had opened his two year deposit) less 1% withdrawal fee on principal and interest||Hence, in this example, if he would break the deposit in 15 months, the customer would still get the rate which a one year deposit offers (when he had opened his two year deposit) less 1% withdrawal fee on principal and interest|
What will happen if the there is no transaction in the HiSAVE Savings Account?
HiSAVE will become dormant if there are no customer-induced transactions (either debit and credit) for a period of 12 months, few examples of customer induced transactions are –
- No Fund transfer from linked current account.
- Change of address and contact details.
The same can be activated by –
- Funding the account from linked account; or
- Mailing us his/her ID and add proof at the PO box located at
ICICI Bank Ltd
6 Raffles Quay,
HiSAVE Account Opening and Operation
How do I open a HiSAVE Account?
Follow the below steps to open a HiSave account -
- Existing customers means holder of an "Current Account" with ICICI Bank Limited Singapore branch, where "Account" means any account of the Customer with the Bank including without limitation any Fixed Deposits Account, Current Account, Call Deposit Account, Savings Account and any other accounts which may be made available by the Bank from time to time.
- Existing customers with only deposit account with ICICI Singapore branch need to open a Current Account at the branch before applying for HiSAVE Account.
New Customers - Just follow these 5 easy steps:
Click apply now, read and accept the terms & conditions of the HiSAVE Account
- Fill in the Account Opening Form online
- Select your login password and get your Customer ID and Account number.
Doing this will generate your Customer ID and Account number. On completion of the form and generation of your account details you will get option to generate a PDF of your details.
Generate and Print the PDF file and attach the supporting documents as mentioned below:
- Identity Proof:
- Singapore Citizen / PR: Self signed copy of NIRC (front & back),
- Others: Self signed copy of EP / WP / DP / SP (front & back) and Copy of Passport (with Visa page if applicable).
- Address Proof : Original bank statement or original utility bill or original credit card statement or original phone bill (address proof must not be older than 3 months)
Self attest all the pages of supporting documents.(Self attestation means documents need to be signed by you/applicants)
Send the documents to us at the address below:
ICICI Bank Ltd
6 Raffles Quay,
Initial Funding: Initial funding can only be done from the account that you wish to link to HiSAVE Account and of which you have provided details in the application form. You can choose from the following modes of funding the account:
a. Cheque Funding: Self drawn cheque from your other bank personal account (as stated in the AOF to be your linked account) held in any local or QFB (Qualified Full Bank) banks in Singapore.
b. Online Funds Transfer from your other bank personal account (as stated in the AOF to be your linked account)
If you'd like to speak to someone before applying, please contact us on our toll-free number at 800 1012553 or (65) 67239009 (call charges may apply) , (between 0800 - 1800 hrs), (IVR Option 1 - Singapore Retail). We'll be happy to assist.
What is an Inactive Customer ID and Inactive Account Number?
Upon submitting your HiSAVE Account opening form, you will receive an INACTIVE CUSTOMER ID and INACTIVE ACCOUNT NUMBER. Customer ID : INACTIVE CUSTOMER ID will be activated after successful processing of submitted signed account opening form and supporting documents. Customer ID is required to log into HiSAVE Account.
Account Number : INACTIVE ACCOUNT NUMBER will be activated after successful processing of submitted signed Account Opening Form and supporting documents. Customer can use this account number for transfer of funds from any other local bank in Singapore.
How do I know that my HiSAVE Account application has been successful?
On successful verification of signed account opening form and supporting documents sent to ICICI Bank Singapore, your Inactive Customer ID and Inactive Account Number will be activated. Email informing your account activation would be sent to you.
How do I close my personal account with HiSAVE Singapore?
You may cancel your HiSAVE Account by sending us a signed letter at the following address.
6 Raffles Quay,
We request you to kindly mention the reason for cancelling your HiSAVE Account. Also, please note that the signature on the letter should be the same as the one appearing on the initial deposit cheque.
HiSAVE Funds Transfer
How can I transfer money into my HiSAVE Account?
You can transfer funds via following modes:
- Cheque Deposit - Cheque must be deposited with ICICI BANK Branch in Singapore mentioning your name and HiSAVE Account number
- Online Fund Transfer - Customer can transfer funds online from any bank in Singapore to HiSAVE account giving below details:
Bank Name: ICICI BANK
SWIFT/BIC Code:: ICICSGSGXXX
What are the benefits of this upgrade?
The benefits that are available after the upgrade are:
- Ease of setting up payment instructions without the need for a bank branch code
- Introduction of new Purpose code and Reason codes
- Ability to pay credit or charge cards with other banks
- Greater clarity of payment instruction in bank statements
Will my bank account number be changed?
Your bank account number will not be changed. However when you are adding payee for fund transfer please note that for HSBC, OCBC and State Bank of India (SBI), you will need to incorporate the branch into the account number field after the upgrade. The full account number will be expanded to include the branch code followed by the existing account number for these 3 banks, please remember to use the new account number going forward.
See below for an example:
|Bank Name||Current||Post Upgrade|
|Bank Code||Branch Code||Account Number||SWIFT/BIC||Account number|
|All other banks||NA||NA||58901234||SWIFTCode||58901234|
What is Second Factor Authentication (2FA)?
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a process whereby two different factors/ determinants are used to authenticate a system login by a customer. Using two factors as opposed to one delivers a higher level of authentication.
This concept is adopted in our internet banking login as well i.e. when a customer logs into the website, he/ she must first enter his/ her designated user name and password (provided separately) and then enter the SMS OTP (One Time Password)/URN (Unique Reference Number) which is sent to the mobile device of the customer only once he/ she has logged into internet banking on the website. Only after all successful authentication (including OTP/URN), will a customer be able to login to the internet banking facility.
What do I need in order to receive the Online Transaction PIN (OTP) via SMS?
In order to obtain your OTP, you need to ensure that your existing mobile phone number registered with our Bank is valid and current. You can update your mobile number by walking into our branch and submitting the request
I am not able to receive OTP after I have logged on using my existing Internet Banking ID and Password, why is it so?
If you are unable to receive your OTP, it could be due to the following reasons:
a) You have not registered your mobile number with us. You can contact our Customer Service Hotline Toll Free: 8001012553 (7 day a week, 0800 - 1800 hrs) for instant registration or visit us at any of our branches to fill up the form to update your personal particulars.
Kindly contact our Call Centre at Toll Free: 8001012553 (7 day a week, 0800 - 1800 hrs - IVR Option 1), Overseas: (65) 67239009 (call charges may apply) kindly choose option 1 for further assistance.